Subject: Basic operations (that should be explicit)

I believe that certain basic operations should be explicit in the SPML protocol.  For one thing, this helps the protocol reflect the provisioning domain.
For another, it reduces dependence on schema.

The most basic operations are CRUD:
- Create
- Rename
- Update

We already have Add, Modify, and Delete, but I think that we should call out Rename explicitly.  Renaming  has significant implications for the namespace and for references.

I think we should also have:
- Enable
- Disable
- SetPassword
- ResetPassword
- ExpirePassword

I realize that one could almost perform an equivalent update by: 1) looking up the schema; and 2) finding the appropriate element or attribute; and 3) specifying an appropriate value.  However, that method will differ for each PSP or target.  Basic operations should be simple, and should not require schema knowledge.

What say you, grand mavens of provisioning?

Gary