Subject: RE: [provision] Draft 22 of the SPML 2.0 XSDs...

The other issues are valid. I will try to fix them in the next rev.

Jeff Bohren
BMC

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary P Cole [mailto:Gary.P.Cole@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tue 6/14/2005 7:26 PM
To: provision@lists.oasis-open.org

1) Okay, let's look for something in-between "insufficientResources" and
"requestAborted".  ErrorCode#requestAborted is so generic that it could
subsume just about every other value of ErrorCode we have defined. (In
a  way, it's more like status='failure'.  RequestAborted due to
unsupportedExecutionMode, RequestAborted due to invalidContainment,
RequestAborted due to unsupportedSelectionType....)

Can anyone suggest a better name for this condition?

2) Jeff, are the other issues valid?

Bohren, Jeffrey wrote:

>The error code ErrorCode#'requestAborted' is intended to be generic. The
>originally suggested error code 'insufficientResources' is too specific and

>may not represent the actual error condition. For instance when a PSP is
>streaming back search results the search may be aborted by the underlying
>target. For example if the PSP is doing a long search on a backend LDAP
>server of RDBMS, the search could abort for a variety of reasons, none of
>which have anything to do with the PSP resources.
>
>Further it could be argued that the client has no reason to be concerned
>about the availability of resources on the PSP.
>
>I am open to other suggested names, but 'insufficientResources' seems
>unreasonable to me.
>
>Jeff Bohren
>BMC

OASIS