regrep-comment message

Subject: Re: [regrep-comment] question on RIM 2.0 Class InternationalStringinRegistryObject.name

Hi Mark,

Thank you for submitting comments on the OASIS ebXML Registry V2 specs.

InternationalString may be viewed as a collection of LocalizedStrings.
So the question you are asking is
what is the length of a LocalizedString. While the RIM 2.0 does not
mention it explicitly, the rim.xsd
schema file defines the type for a LocalizedString's value to be
FreeFormText (256 characters).

Your issue has been logged in our issues log as:

Issue 174: Need to describe data type for LocalizedString class
attributes in RIM

Resolution: This is an omission will be fixed in a future version of
RIM. The information however, is also available in rim.xsd XML schema
file which describes the LocalizedString's value to be of type
FreeFormText (256 characters).

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

--
Regards,
Farrukh