regrep-comment message

Subject: Re: [regrep-comment] ServiceBinding and SpecificationLinkasLeafRegistryObject element?

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your comments on the OASIS ebXML Registry V2 specifications.

The long term direction of the specifications is that any leaf RegistryObject should be able to be
submitted by itself even if it is a composed object within a parent object. In such cases the composed
object must reference an existing parent object in the registry.

The ability to submit/update a composed object without its parent object is a future feature. In V3
we will likely include the optional ability to specify a parent attribute in all composed
RegistryObject classes. This will allow a composed object to be submitted without the accompanying
parent object.

Until then, as you point out,  it is semantically meaningless to submit a composed object
(e.g. ServiceBinding) without its parent (e.g. Service). V2 implementations should detect and
report such cases as an Error condition.

--
Regards,
Farrukh