regrep-comment message

Subject: Re: [regrep-comment] NotifyActionType.endPoint

Paul Teasdale wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>Being a little picky, I am looking at NotifyActionType, more precisely
>the "endpoint" attribute.
>
>Is the "endpoint" attribute of NotifyActionType a reference to a
>ServiceType instance (or even better) to a ServicBinding instance?
>Potential benefits in doing that compared to just a URI.

The endpoint can be one of two things:

-an email address in a mailto: URI form

-a urn:uuid URI that references a ServiceBinding instance. I believe
this is exactly what you were suggesting.

Here is the definition from ebRIM 2.4 which is currently being reviewed
and considered by TC for TC approved status.

"

This attribute specifies a URI that identifies an service end point that
may be used by the registry to deliver notifications. Currently this
attribute can either be a “mailto” URI (e.g. mailto:someone@acme.com) or
an “urn:uuid” URI. If it is a “mailto” URI then the registry must use
the specified email address to deliver the notification via email. If it
is a “urn:uuid” URI then it must be a reference to a ServiceBinding
object to a Service that implements the RegistryClient interface as
defined by [ebRS]. In this case the registry must deliver the
notification byinvoking the onResponse method of the RegistryClient
interface.

"

Let us know if this is different from what you were suggesting. Thanks
again for your valuable comments.