regrep-comment message

Subject: Re: [regrep-comment] QueryManager getRegistryObjectS ?

Paul Teasdale wrote:

>Hi,
>
>QueryManager interface currently provides a method called
>getRegistryObject( id ). Wondering about extending that concept by
>providing that same method with an argument consisting of a list of IDs.
>

>We have removeObjects(list of ids)... why not getRegistryObjects(list of
>ids).
>

>Regards,
>Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the suggestion for enhancing the getRegistryObject API method.

The getRegistryObject and getRepositoryItem API methods are restricted
to one parameter by design. Here is the reason why.

These two operations are at the core of providing access to any
RegistryObject or RepositoryItem via the new HTTP interface in V3. In
order to address this dominant use case (HTTP/GET access to any object
by its id) we added these two methods to QueryManager. Changing the
methods to take collection of ids would make it difficult to map to
HTTP/GET.

One could argue that we could add variants of these methods that take
collection of ids. However, given the flexibility of our ad hoc query
API it seems to be redundant.

Please let us know if this explaination inadequate or if you have a
followup question or suggestion. Thanks.

--
Farrukh