regrep-comment message

Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: richard.lessard@pwgsc.gc.ca

Dear ebXML Registry TC members,

We in Government of Canada have been using ebXML Registry to support the work of two Government Online initiatives, and to provide the facilities to support many future initiatives. We are pleased with the many good features in version 2.5 and anxiously await its completion as version 3.0.

One feature we think would be very valuable in version 3.0 is a parameterized query feature. We envision such a feature to allow storing a query in the registry such that it has place holders
defined for its parameters. A user could invoke a parameterized query simply by identifying the query and supplying its parameters.

We feel that parameterized query feature is important because it allows a Registry Admin to store commonly used queries in the registry as a shared resource for the entire user community. It also hides the complexity of queries and only requires users to supply parameter values.

Please consider adding a parameterized query feature to version 3.0 of  ebXML Registry.

Thank you,

Richard Lessard
Programmer/Systems Analyst
Public Works and Government Services Canada
11 Rue Laurier, PdP III, 4A1. Hull, Quebec K1A 0S5
Phone : (819) 956-0550
richard.lessard@pwgsc.gc.ca