regrep-cooperating message

Subject: Re: Use Case Submission: Need a global registry topublish/discoverebXMLRegistries

Lisa,

What you suggest is a valid use case. It is covered by a separate use case:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep-cooperating/200110/msg00000.html

Lisa Carnahan wrote:

> Given that an ebXML Registry does not support registering business entities
> (except as an extrinsic object) I would think many organizations would want
> to point to their UDDI business entity entry from an ebXML Registy.
>
> -lisa
>
> At 08:25 AM 10/5/2001 -0700, Dan Chang wrote:
>
> >That was many moons ago. Things have changed. Private UDDI was not in the
> >picture then, I believe, and ebXML was still an entity to itself.
> >
> >In any case, "global" is not a meaningful distinction. Any registry, UDDI
> >or ebXML, with a URL can be accessed globally. The distinction, I believe,
> >is in that UDDI Registry is a business/service registry while ebXML
> >Registry is a general artifact registry. That is why one will go to UDDI
> >Registry to find ebXML Registry, not the other way around.
> >
> >Regards,  Dan
> >
> >Metadata Management Technology and Standard
> >IBM DBTI for e-Business
> >Notes:     Dan Chang/Santa Teresa/IBM@IBMUS
> >Internet:  dtchang@us.ibm.com
> >VM:          IBMUSM50(DTCHANG)
> >Phone:    (408)-463-2319

> Lisa J. Carnahan
> National Institute of Standards and Technology
> 100 Bureau Drive
> Stop 8970
> Gaithersburg, Md. 20899
> (301) 975-3362
> lisa.carnahan@nist.gov

Regards,
Farrukh

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Dr. MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh Najmi
end:vcard