regrep-query message

Subject: Re: Revision of FilterQuery proposal

Len,

I need a clarification.

It appears that given the latest filter query proposal may not allow retrieval of
things like Classification, Association, ExtrenalLink, ExternalIdentifier based
upon any of the following branches:

SourceAssociationBranch
TargetAssociationBranch
HasClassificationBranch
SubmittingOrganizationBranch
ResponsibleOrganizationBranch
ExternalIdentifierBranch
ExternalLinkBranch
HasSlotBranch
HasAuditableEventBranch

Please let me know if I am mistaken about the above perception.

Recall that the ability to find Classification, Association, ExtrenalLink,
ExternalIdentifier etc. by their classification was supported by existing browse
and drill down queries.

The solution I see is quite a simple enhancement to your latest proposal. The
proposed solution would be to add a RegistryObjectFilter with the above branches
defined.

Please let the team know urgently what you think.

--
Regards,
Farrukh

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Dr. MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh Najmi
end:vcard