regrep-raws message

Subject: Re: Action item folloup / team meeting

Joel,

The intent of the lang attribute in the registry responses was to capture the
locale that was used by RegistryResponse and RegistryError. However, the same
was not done for the requests. This is something we need to make consistent. It
was this way in the Registry.dtd as well.

As to validness of the XML Schema, I am quite sure that attributes may be
defined for complexTypes. That is a fairly commonly used feature. However, it
seems that a lot of tools complain about the use of xml:lang when they should
not. So technically this is valid XML Schema to the best of my knowledge.

Your email however, made me remember of this NLS related quirk that we need to
log and address.

Lisa, who is the keeper of the issues list? We should add this one "Make use of
xml:lang consistent in requests and responses".

"Munter, Joel D" wrote:

> farrukh,
>
> then please tell me what this XML schema is attempting to do...  I do not
> think that you can define an attribute within a "complexType".  don't
> attributes get defined for entities?  are you missing an entity definition
> within complexType?  or if you are simply attempting to define an xml:lang
> attribute for the entity "RequestAcceptedReponse," then you may just need to
> remove the complexType element from outside of the attribute definition.
>
> <xsd:element name="RequestAcceptedResponse">
>         <xsd:annotation>
>                 <xsd:documentation xml:lang="en">
>                         Mapping of the same named interface in ebRS.
>                 </xsd:documentation>
>         </xsd:annotation>
>         <xsd:complexType>
>                 <xsd:attribute name="xml:lang" use="required"
> type="xsd:NMTOKEN"/>
>         </xsd:complexType>
> </xsd:element
>
> joel

Regards,
Farrukh

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Dr. MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh Najmi
end:vcard