regrep-security message

Subject: Re: [regrep-security] FW: [ebxml-msg] XMLDSIG and v1.05 comments

Conformant XMLDSIG implementations are only required to support
Canonical XML (Omit Comments). Canonical XML with  Comments is
only a RECOMMENDATION.  Here is the execerpt from
Section 6.1 of XMLDSIG spec ( Aug 20, 2001 - Recommendation Status)

    http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/PR-xmldsig-core-20010820/

    1.Required Canonical XML (omits comments)
      http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315
    2.Recommended Canonical XML with Comments
      http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315#WithComments

So I think only the C14N OMIT Comments should be a requirement - to
lower the barrier for conformance.

Sekhar