Subject: Re: [regrep-semantic] Thoughts??? on Ontolog Invited SpeakerPresentation - Leo Obrst

Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM wrote:
Zachary Alexander wrote:

>>Here are a couple questions I would suggest:
>>	*What domains are we proposing to serve?
>>

>All domains. ebXML Registry is meant to be a generic domain and content
>neutral standard.

Perhaps we could identify one or two domains that have a particular interest in
this repository that could help focus the work?  This is not to exclude others.

>>	*What is the natural timeline for a project of this type?
>>

>Based on past experience I propose the following:
>
>-SC provide SCM Use Cases document by end of February for TC review

Shouldn't some additional recruitment occur prior to finalizing requirements?
Were there folks from other groups within the OASIS/ebXML community who were
interested the formation of this group?  If so, perhaps they could be recruited
or at least debriefed for their requirements.

Perhaps the UBL semantics could be stored in this repository.?

>-SC provide SCM Requirements document by end of April for TC review
>
>-SC provide outline of SCM technical proposal by end of June for TC review

For someone who is completely new to this group, can you provide some details
about the form and kind of content found in a technical proposal like this?

>-SC provide detailed SCM technical proposal by end of September for TC
>review
>
>Deliverables and milestones would be a major topic of discussion for our
>kickoff meeting.

Will this meeting be a telecon or face-to-face?

>>	*Is there a time constraint that we are working under?
>>

>There are no hard constraints. Things will take as long as they need to
>and will depend on the level of contributions by members.
>Ideally it would be nice to have the SC deliverables wrapped up by end
>of 2004.

Sorry to ask so many questions!

-Evan

Evan K. Wallace