Subject: Re: [regrep-semantic] Will a Universal Data Element Framework [UDEF] Class of Applications fit within the ebXML Semantic Registry ?

Duane,

We're looking at a somewhat less ambitious approach using
CAM and UDEF.

Since CAM has the <ContentReference> mechanism, you
simply use the UDEF id as the look up ID value, and
essentially it works using the same lookup system
as you noted below - but the UDEF id is used instead
of the UUID - (matched against ExternalID in RIM).

Now - assuming you are using the SCM noun definition
in the Registry - you can retrieve the UDEF noun
semantics.  Now from there - the noun has ability to
link associations and ontology / taxonomy references
to itself (already a feature of registry).

Essentially this is a MUD approach - (middle up and down),
using the UDEF ids as the middle - and then building out
both the implementation layer linkage (down) and the
semantics model (up).

Since the total UP problem is really tough - this allows you
to slowly enhance and improve - as new capablities
are available - while giving people a really simple
and rapid on-ramp (down).

People get instant ROI on noun semantics
thru the use with CAM templates and improving
business transaction interoperability and validation
right out the gate.

DW.