Subject: [regrep-semantic] New Action Item #0003 Issue: Can the RIM support ontologies without change?

[The following issue has been brought up by at least two different
people.  I believe that resolving it is more important than resolving
any of the other issues so far presented.  Hence I propose it, but
don't wish to own it.]

Evan Wallace (ewallace@cme.nist.gov) is proposing a new issue.
(not formally submitted with KAVI)

Number: #0003
Owner:???

Comments:
Evan Wallace 2004-02-24
Is the RIM sufficiently expressive to support representing ontologies
without appeal to other languages specifically designed for Knowledge
Representation?

Zachary Alexander 2004-02-24
I think we should also look at the possibility that the Registry already
provides the majority of the necessary support.  I think that ebXML
Registry structure is sound. The changes that are being suggested seem
to be more label changes than architecture changes. I read the Santine
paper and wholesale changes were not required to support frame based
knowledge representation. Is it possible that we could support first
order logic representations by reusing the current ebXML internal
structures?

-Evan