Subject: [Fwd: Re: [oagi-si] Semantic Integration WG Presentation]

FYI, DW

Nenad,

This is timely and important work.  I have been aware of the potential
here for sometime and getting to showing some examples is as ever the key.

You have certainly pointed the way here.  One thing that is missing
however is the use of Registry to facilitate this all.

The ebXML Registry is ideally suited to acting as a triple store for
inference engines, and the existing classification based navigation
system underpins tools that can show the models in an open standard
environment that can be compatible with a wide range of modelling
environments.

The Registry SCM team is working on all this of course.

Now - this brings us to the next point - the OASIS CAM technology is
designed to work tightly with registry.  Whereas today you are having
to manually make the associations and rule assertions - by using
registry and CAM templates - you can add automated constriant
checking - merely by associating the existing BOD elements
to the corrent semantics in the registry usignt eh <ContentReference>
section in the CAM templates.

Since this can be added to legacy BODs 'as is' without any changes to
the existing XML - its particularly compelling.

The key to enabling this is to take the existing OAG BOD element
dictionary and deploy those definiitions to the ebXML Registry
using the noun semantics XSD that the SCM team is developing.

Good to see that we are moving to be able to deliver this.

Thanks, DW

http://www.openapplications.org/downloads/meetings/20040817-19-Detroit/3-Thursday/2004-08-19-oag-meeting-si.ppt

 > This is an initial presentation of our on-going work here at NIST.
 > We hope to have more polished presentation in the near future and
 > will certainly keep you updated.
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > - Nenad Ivezic

--- Begin Message --- Nenad,