Subject: Question about how the resulting work from this committee will be published/announced.

Terry:

It is my understanding from the last call that this group is working on
three things

(1) A registry technical specification which will result in a XML-DTD based
specification to enable the packaging and publication of XML based "Items"
and their related information to a "registry/repository like BizTalk.org or
XML.org.

(2) A "Repository" Requirements document to enable the XML.org steering
committee to decide on a implementation platform for XML.org

(3) A "Implementation Guidelines" document to enable the developers of such
services (XML.org being one) to interpret and implement the registry
technical specification.

Like I mentioned during the last call we Microsoft are interested in working
together with your technical sub-committee on a consistent "Registry
technical specification" (i.e deliverable 1) and in that spirit also
mentioned that we will be getting to you a proposal based on your current
work and our experiences in implementing BizTalk.org for the set of semantic
elementtype and document specifications to enable packaging and publication
of XML based "Items" and their related information to a registry/repository
like BizTalk.org and/or XML.org.

Like I would imagine your deliverables (2) and (3) are to the XML.Org
steering committee and is an internal deliverable to them (i.e there is
nothing we need to collaborate here on)

The question to you is who is the first deliverable being published to (i.e
I presume any OASIS and/or non-OASIS members) and how will be it be
published/possitioned.