Subject: Re: natural language

 > Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 12:49:53 -0600 (CST)
 > From: Robin Cover <robin@isogen.com>
 >

 > The designation of language encoding for machine purposes is even
 > more critical, as we all know.  Here, it's necessary to isolate
 > language from script (Hebrew can be written in Arabic), and other
 > aspects of writing systems.

 Sorry, I don't understand what you said. Could you explain a little more?
 What I meant by encoding was 'encoding scheme', such as iso8859-1,
 eucjp, gb2312, etc. In that sense, for a computational purpose,
 it doesn't matter what script is used. Hebrew is 8859-8 and Arabic is
 8859-6, so we can process the content correctly if we knew those
 encodings.

 regards,
 yuta