Subject: Re: Re XML.org implementation

Please look at my comments on your DTD example below

Regards,
Nagw

> Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 11:51:07 -0700
> From: Terry Allen <tallen@sonic.net>
> To: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org
> Subject: Re: Re XML.org implementation
>
> Nagwa wrote:
> | There are two things I would like to report to the regrep TC from the last
> | XML.org meeting:
> | First, The terminology used in Registration Status List ("certified" and
> | "standardized") needs to be modified (due to legal risks).
>
> Those were the values from 11179.  In fact, the values should be
> chosen by the RA, so we shouldn't specify anything.  I'll replace
> that list with CDATA.
>
> | Second, The solution we thought about for the package submission is:
> | All the Package's components will be an individual object with its own
metadata
> | and its own unique identifier, but they will be all package together with a
> | package unique identifier and metadata. This  will allow the retrieval to be
for
> | a component only or for the all components this package include.
>
> Please refer to my initial post on "the simple case".  The fact
> that several things happened to be submitted together doesn't
> mean that it's useful to maintain that association.  In other
> words, if my DTD has parts A, B, C, D, and E and I happen to submit
> A and B together, then later C, D, and E, the useful set is A-E,
> not (A, B) and (C-E).    We've been discussing this since 11
> March, is it really unclear?

I think we are in the same page here,
There will be a unique identifier for the DTD, and a unique identifier for every
component from A-E.
We will use the DTD unique identifier to group all related submission , i.e
(A,B) with (C-E)
When you retrieve the DTD , it will includes A-E.
You can also retrieve each component separately.