Subject: Apologies and Guidance Needed

Hi,

I am very sorry I missed the call yesterday - I had a meeting that when on
longer than anticipated and I couldn't leave. I will definitely attend the
Paris meeting.

Terry -- I sent out an email last week regarding the mime types and what we
should expect for submission that are of type xml-element, etc...

We are trying to finish off XML.org and I have a few questions regarding
the list in the spec.

Questions:
1.  What is the official mime type for each of the types?

	If I take a look on in explorer xml-dtd is of mime text/dtd but then
this is not listed with IANA list.
2.  What actually is an xml-attribute, xml-element etc..

    In the sense of what is the file associated with these?  Is it an
xml-element definition as per a dtd or a schema?  We need to provide
guidelines for what these should be and especially for reviewers of
submissions they need to know what to look for.

I have taken a guess under each of these but they are truly a guess --- I
have looked over the W3C specs etc.. and I don't see any mime type
definitions.   If we can't have a clear definition of what to expect for
each of these (e.g. XML element, XML Attribute set, etc..) I propose that we
should probably remove some of them from the list and keep to: SGML DTD, XML
-DTD, SOX , XDR, Schema initially.   I am worried that we could end up with
junk if we can't specify clearly what these are.

Below are some rough guesses:

OASIS CharEntSet character-entity-set
mime-type text/plain??
Is there a way of validating that this is correct??

OASIS RDFschema rdf-schema
mime-type text/xml
or is there a mime type for rdf schema??

OASIS SGMLattrib sgml-attribute
mime-type text/dtd??
What should be given for this a dtd definition of an attribute?

OASIS SGMLattSet sgml-enumerated-attribute-set
mimetype text/dtd??
Should this be defined per a DTD syntax??

OASIS SGMLattVal sgml-enumerated-attribute-value
OASIS SGMLdtd sgml-dtd
mime type text/plain
Is this just a list of values ??  Does it need to be specific for sgml?

OASIS SGMLelem sgml-element
mime-type text/dtd
Is this an element definition in DTD syntax?

OASIS SGMLparm sgml-parameter-entity
mime-type

OASIS SOXschema sox-schema
mimetype text/xml ??
sox compliant schema

OASIS XDRschema xdr-schema
mimetype text/xml??
xdr compliant schema

OASIS XMLattrib xml-attribute
This get tricky -- what is this defined as ?? DTD, Schema, SOX, XDR???

OASIS XMLattSet xml-enumerated-attribute-set
As above

OASIS XMLattVal xml-enumerated-attribute-value
Is this not the same really same as sgml-enumerated-attribute-value?

OASIS XMLdtd xml-dtd
mime-type text/dtd (this is what explore has but don't see in IANA list)
XML DTD

OASIS XMLelem xml-element
Same problem as per xml-attribute

OASIS XMLparm xml-parameter-entity