Subject: Re: Proposal to modify Classifications in ebRIM

Farrukh

>>a) to recover all the nodes and relationships within a classification
scheme
>>in a single operation

>The above has always been supported since the earliest versions of the
spec. I
>have a very large XML file for a SubmitObjectsRequest that submits:

SubmitObjectsRequest works in the other direction from my statement, which
requires a ReturnObjectTreeRequest that outputs a complete set of linked
objects below a given "root node" (which may or may not be the root of the
classification scheme)

>>b) to be able to identify any set of nodes in a classification scheme
using
>>a web processable address based on the XPath specification.

>Again this feature was added is already suported

>"getPath()           Gets the path from the root ancestor of this
>ClassificationNode. The path conforms to the [XPATH] expression syntax (e.g
>“/Geography/Asia/Japan”). Maps to attribute named path."

getPath only returns a single node. Note that I set "set of nodes". Using a
range statement I should be able to retrieve any fragment of an existing
classification scheme that is relevant.

Martin