Subject: Proposal to Allow Registration of XML Tags

Title: Proposal to Allow Registration of XML Tags

All,

Attached is a proposal for registration of XML tags in an ebXML registry.  The primary motivation for submitting this is that we have a government client that is implementing an XML registry and is storing XML tags in an 11179 registry (tied to their data elements).  The organization wishes to verify that all tags contained in submitted XML DTDs/Schemas  exist in the 11179 registry and take some (undetermined) action if they do not.

This document proposes enhancements to the ebXML registry specifications to allow XML tags to be treated as registered objects.

Please feel to comment on this proposal before or after our conference call tomorrow.

Regards,
Joe Chiusano

<<Registration of XML Tags.doc>>

LMI
Joseph M. Chiusano
Research Fellow
Logistics Management Institute
2000 Corporate Ridge, McLean, VA 22102-7805
(571) 633-7722   Fax (703) 917-7481
jchiusano@lmi.org
http://www.lmi.org

Registration of XML Tags.doc