Subject: Registry As Web Services (RAWS) sub-team kickoff

Folks,

I would like to invite anyone with a strong interest in this work item
and ability to contribute to send email directly to me (to save list
traffic).
Some specific expertise needed for the project are SOAP, WSDL, XML
Schema.

Currently, I have received interest from Dan Chang, John Evdermon and
Chaemee Kim.
I apologize if I have forgotten anyone who had sent me email.

We will have our first meeting on 7/26 at 2pm US
Eastern. Logistics will follow.

The agenda is to:

-kick off the team
-brainstorm on the ideas we bring to the table
-Agree on goals, milestones and deliverables
-determine tasks and divide them for parallel progress

I attach a straw dog to seed some thoughts for our first meeting:

Goals
------

-Make it possible to access ebXML Registry as a SOAP based web service
in an interoperable manner

Deliverables
-------------
-Define a normative XML Schema definition (XSD) to replace Registry.dtd
-Define a normative WSDL definition of ebXML Registry services as
defined by RS V1.0 (update later for 2.0 changes if any)
-Provide section for RS V2.0 appendix describing this functionality
(RAWS Appendix)

Milestones (Deliverables included)
-----------------------------------

-Team Kickoff: July 26    (Initial XSD)

-Review Initial Proposal With TC: Aug 9    (XSD with namespaces, Initial

WSDL, Initial RAWS Appendix)

-Final Proposal: Sep 6 (Final XSD, WSDL, RAWS Appendix)

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Dr. MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh Najmi
end:vcard