Subject: Re: Call Tomorrow

Lisa,

The proposals are definitely an improvement over the existing RIM, since I
have had concerns about the RIM and have raised issues on it before.

Given the limited information (two figures) available, if we are going to
vote on them tomorrow, I will vote ABSTAIN simply because I have not had
the opportunity to review the proposals in their entirety.

I would like to suggest that the proposals be taken up by a sub-team and
developed/documented in full detail before we vote.

Regards,  Dan

e-business Data Technology and Standard
IBM Silicon Valley Laboratory
Notes:     Dan Chang/Santa Teresa/IBM@IBMUS
Internet:  dtchang@us.ibm.com
VM:          IBMUSM50(DTCHANG)
Phone:    (408)-463-2319

                    Lisa Carnahan
                    <lisa.carnahan       To:     regrep@lists.oasis-open.org
                    @nist.gov>           cc:     tom Rhodes <trhodes@nist.gov>
                                         Subject:     Call Tomorrow
                    08/08/01 12:37
                    PM

Hello All,

As many of you know, throughout the ebXML effort Len Gallagher from NIST
had raised serious concerns regarding the ebXML information model and
services.  Most of these issues were raised prior to our ebXML meeting in
Vancouver.  At that meeting, the committee decided to defer resolution on
many of these issues until after Phase I.  So here we are in Phase II.

As those who attended the Vancouver meeting know, Farrukh Najmi (and
others) had serious concerns regarding many of Len's issues.    It became
apparent to me that some benefit may be derived if I put Len and Farrukh
in a room for a day or so to discuss Len's issues.   So we did just that.

Last week Len, Farrukh, Nikola Stojanovic, and I met for a day and a half
to discuss Len's recurring issues.  The meeting was extremely productive in
that many issues were resolved to all parties' satisfaction (sort of).
The attached file represents two proposals for changing the information
model and inheritance diagrams for the RIM.  (We additionally started a
list of bugs that were identified during the discussion.  I'll provide that
in a separate message.)

Please recognize that the attached documents do not represent consensus of
the OASIS/ebXML Registry TC.  Currently the attached documents are based on
the opinions of 3 TC members.  (My role was more of a facilitator than a TC
member.)  We will discuss these proposals during the conference call
tomorrow.  These proposals will be accepted only if we achieve positive
consensus within the TC.

I have a number of other items for the agenda; I'll try and send you email
regarding them before the meeting.

Call-in information:  NOTE: THIS NUMBER IS DIFFERENT THAN THE LAST CALL.

CALL DATE:         AUG-09-2001  (Thursday)
> CALL TIME:         04:00 PM EASTERN TIME
> DURATION:              2 hr
> USA Toll Free Number: 888-566-5920
> USA Toll Number: +1-630-395-0252
>  PASSCODE: 13852
>  LEADER:            Ms Lisa Carnahan

--lisa

#### object2.gif has been removed from this note on August 08 2001 by Dan
Chang
#### public3.gif has been removed from this note on August 08 2001 by Dan
Chang