Subject: Tactical Proposal: Split V2 work items into V2 and V3 (repost)

Repost: for some reason last post has not shown now for several hours on
the list.

Team,

I would like to propose that we split the candidate work items for what
we know as OASIS ebXML Registry V2.0 into two separate releases (V2.0
and V3.0). V2.0 would contain a sub-set of those work items that are
most vitally needed to help implementations of the registry and registry

clients.

Motivation
-----------

-Help implementations by addressing issues that are barrier to adoption
-Deliver those features that are key to adoption ASAP

The remainder of this email proposes specific recommendations.

Proposed Content for V2
--------------------------

-Registry Information Model enhancements
-Registry as Web Service deliverables
-Security team deliverables

Proposed Content for V3
------------------------

All other work items would be opart of V3. Work would continue on V3
items in parrallel with V2 items as planned before this proposal. If
people have split responsibilities they would place greater emphasis on
V2 responsibilities.

Proposed Time Line
--------------------

Note proposed dates are motivated by the cutoff date for submission to
OASIS board is beginning of calendar quarter (Oct 1, Jan 1)

-TC approve V2.0 specs by end of Septmber f2f - September 26?

-TC approve V3.0 specs at f2f - Mid December

As you can see that if we are to adopt this proposal, then we need to
make steady progress each week. This would necessitate meeting weekly
rather than bi-weekly.

Please share your thought, suggestions and concerns on this proposal.

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Dr. MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh Najmi
end:vcard