Subject: Re: Positioning with UDDI (was RE: Tactical Proposal: Split V2 wo rkitems into V2 and V3 (repost))

Message text written by Farrukh Najmi

The intended result is to provide the simplicity and ease of use of UDDI
and the
power and flexibility of ebXML registries in a unified abstraction API.

I would hope that any well intentioned and objective efforts to unify the
two
specifications would come up with a solution that is not too far from what
the
ebXML and UDDI experts in JAXR came up with.
<<<<<<<<<<<

Farrukh,

I think I'm agree with all this - a little too much use of the flexible
adjective,
but if I can paraphrase - it seems to be saying the same thing that I was.

I.e. base layer is ebXML Registry providing the information foundation
and basic API.  Then above that an optional UDDI set of extensions,
including additional API features and security features, specific
TModel and UDDI artifact definitions and support for the UDDI
replication model.

Of course JAXR is a Java class library, and we have been striving
to make things less javaesque and more neutrally defined, but
I know you are fluent in javaistani so its hard to express it otherwise.

That's why we have Len and Lisa to do the alignment work and
re-work things into the standards speak we need ; -)

Am I right here - we're roughly talking about the same thing?

Thanks, DW.