Subject: Re: Positioning with UDDI (was RE: Tactical Proposal: Split V2 wo rkitems into V2 and V3 (repost))

I believe that Joel M's suggestion on potentially utilizing UDDI as the
Registry function has merit.
At the same time, clearly there are issues with this potential including
alignment with a Project vrs
an Open Standard body as David W. outlines, the issues of the ebXML output
spec being more
focused on registry as Farrukh outlines (which is not mandated to be such
for an OASIS
effort I would believe, especially in light of any coordination efforts
that  can be established),
and what is currently in scope for the OASIS group concerning tModels as
Lisa outlines.

However, given the current timing of emerging UDDI V3 formulation and OASIS
in between
ebXML Exit and the first TC Specification since then, the opportunity to
define a clear RegRep
eBusiness environment across efforts has not been better.

I believe Joel M. suggested a task force/ sub-group to address this issue.
Speaking for myself
and IBM, I support Joel M. in this suggestion, and know IBM will make
efforts to support this. We
do not want overlap or confusion in the RegRep eBusiness space and see
value in both efforts.

Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074