Subject: Re: RS 1.0

Chaemee,

See my comments inline.

chae kim wrote:

> It's in RS 1.0 P.443 ~455. Acoording to Sequence
> diagram in RS1.0, Synchronous response return
> RegistryResponse as a return type. Also Asynchronouse
> response return Registry Response as a parameter.
> Why don't Asynchronous reponse include registry
> response? What's the meaning?
> On TRP, asynchronously XMLError message is delivered
> to client. Did we implement correctly?
>
> Asynchronous response 445
> o MessageHeader only; 446
> o No registry response element (e.g.,

The above statement appears to be a bug in the spec to the best of my knowledge
(I was not in the Vienna meeting where this change was made).

The way I expect things to work for sync and async cases is as follows:

Regardless of sync or async a RegistryReponse is returned. The response message
always should include a RegistryReponse as its first payload.

However, if it is async then the RegistryResponse should not contain a actual
response message (e.g. AdhocQueryReponse).

That is why the actual response is optional within the RegistryResponse below:

<!ELEMENT RegistryResponse
 (( AdhocQueryResponse  |
    GetContentResponse  |
    GetClassificationTreeResponse  |
    GetClassifiedObjectsResponse  |
    GetRootClassificationNodesResponse  )?,
   RegistryErrorList?  )>
<!ATTLIST RegistryResponse
   status  (success | failure )  #REQUIRED >

The actual response in the async case is sent via the onResponse Message
asynchronously.

In the sync case the RegistryResponse must contain the actual response and
there is no onReponse message sent.

> AdHocQueryResponse and 447
> GetContentResponse). 448
>
> Synchronous response 449
> o MessageHeader; 450
> o Registry response element including 451
> ¡× a status attribute (success or failure) 452
> ¡× an optional ebXML Error. 453

> Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant messaging with Yahoo! Messenger
> http://im.yahoo.com

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Dr. MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh Najmi
end:vcard