Subject: minutes of 9/6/01 meeting

OASIS/ebXML Registry TC Minutes, 9/6/2001

Member Participants (Please let me know of any corrections to lisa.carnahan@nist.gov

Kathryn Breininger
Joseph Chiusano
Suresh Damodaran
Anne Fischer
Sally Fuger
Len Gallagher
Joel Munter
Farrukh Najmi
Neal Smith
Nikola Stojanovic
Prasad Yendluri
Yutaka Yoshida

Guests
Scott Hinkleman
Mike Kass

1.  RAWS Vote
        Vote closes today.  All votes to date are "Yes".  Some members provided oral votes during the call.  Should be enough votes to "count".  Remember, missing a vote is equivalent to missing meeting, according to OASIS rules.

What happens next?
        Based on what's in the proposal, we need to update the schema, etc.  Sally and Ann volunteered to be editors.  Since it's Farrukh's proposal, he may be able to edit faster, and he has volunteered to do it.

Some discussion of the specific documentation areas to be updated.

Reminded all to be sure to submit comments to the list as soon as possible.  Team expectation is that we will not wait until the end of the process to raise show stoppers.

2.      Subteam Updates
RAWS
- covered in the vote discussion
Security - Suresh - Very active.
The group is coming to consensus on what should go into v2.
·       Access control - readers limited.
·       Writers limited to not just the submitter.
·       Defining rules.
·       Making sure there is integrity and persistence.

Deliverables:
·       "risk document" (working),
·       "how to apply DSIG".
·       Using XACML for access control.
·       Also profiling.

Query - Dan not here.  Len:  lot of email, no solutions yet.  Working actively.
External classification scheme.  Couple of proposals, use cases.  Just two active participants.  Other volunteered to review and comment.

3.      Web Services

Supporting registration of web services inside the registry.  May overlap with UDDI, but that doesn't mean we should work on it.  Let's help achieve convergence with UDDI.

4.      Other

a.  There will be a meeting of the 4 OASIS ebXML chairs to coordinate efforts and communicate.
b.  EbTWG Architecture group - "LIXR" - lightweight registry was part of it. What is that?
c.  EbTWG partnering with CommerceNet.  Need to talk to Karl - where is the coordinating group for ebXML?

5.  Face to Face

Review of the rules for review and approval of OASIS documents.  We need to get something into the process by Dec 1 to hit the next cycle.  Can we come out of the face-to-face with the big show stoppers resolved?  RIM Update, RAWS, Security. If so, we can meet the Dec 1 date.

We will need an issues list coordinator - Farrukh and Sally volunteered.

6.      Next Meeting

Sep 20, 4:00 Eastern Time.  Lisa will provide call in details.

Thank you Neal Smith for providing the minutes write-up!!!

-lisa