Subject: URGENT: Please read

Hello All,

Len Gallagher and I learned this morning that we are restricted from
traveling until October 1.  Therefore we need to discuss how to
proceed.  Here is what I know:

1. Based on the number of responses received to date there were seven folks
planning on attending the meetings.  (This number does not include Len, our
Korean colleagues (three) who have cancelled their plans or me.)
2. I have received a few requests to postpone the meeting, perhaps until
the end of October.
3. We are trying to meet the December 1 deadline.  We have a few weeks
buffer in our schedule that we had planned on using as a public comment period.

Here are our options:
1. Hold the meeting with heavy conference call participation.  I will ask
someone of my choosing to chair the meeting.
2. Postpone the meeting.

An added twist:  Currently NIST does not appear to be receiving incoming
external email.  We will rely on the archive to read the discussion
messages.    Expect some delay on our end.

I apologize for this disruption.  However I am positive that we can
continue to move forward.

Lisa J. Carnahan
100 Bureau Drive
Stop 8970