Subject: RE: Naming Registry Roles

I agree with Kathryn. We should use the ISO 11179 terms where possible, not
make up our own. What's the point of having standards if everyone continues
to do their own thing?

Sally

-----Original Message-----
From: Breininger, Kathryn R [mailto:kathryn.r.breininger@boeing.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 8:12 PM
To: 'David RR Webber - XMLGlobal'; Damodaran, Suresh
Cc: 'regrep@lists.oasis-open.org'

Yes, let's use the terms from ISO 11179 where possible:
Submitting Organization instead of Publisher
Responsible Organization instead of Content Creator
Registration Authority instead of Registry Operator

If we can use existing understood terminology, it will help us communicate
clearly with each other, and with others who are familiar with the ISO 11179
standards.

As far as the other terms go, as simple and as accurate as possible seems
best.