Subject: RE: Naming Registry Roles

Thanks for the wonderful comments.
Below is my response, I apologize for not responding to
individual comments - I have been swamped recently.

1. ISO 11179:
 There are at least 3 terms (Submitting Organization,
Responsible Organization, and Registration Authority)
that have direct mapping. As per Registry Design Objectives (Sec 4.1, RIM)
leveraging ISO 11179 is a design goal. However, we need to temper
this with the need to communicate to registry developers at large.
I leave it up to the TC to give "first class"
status to these terms by vote or consensus. Meanwhile,
we could use the terms in my mail (or variations thereof),
and provide mappings to ISO 11179.

2. Roles not identities: Actors fulfill roles, and two roles
may map to the same identity when deployed. For example, Registry Operator
and
Administrator could be the same identity, though have
different roles (granted we may disagree on the "distinction" in the roles -
but that is something we can work out). The actors came up
based on security analysis. An earlier work, as Krishna pointed
out, had some of these roles (those are in RS Sec 9.4.1), but
we are further refining those roles and adding new ones.

3. I am working on some changes to the actors below, and will post
as soon as we are done reviewing in the security sub team.

Thanks again,

-Suresh