Subject: Re: [regrep] non-disclosure agreement in Sun

Message text written by Eduardo Gutentag
>In W3C meetings my experience has been that about 70% of the people sign
without
reading, because they are used to them (some companies whose name I will
refrain
from mentioning were more draconian - I could not attend a meeting in 1989
or 1990 because
I was not a US citizen then) and know they are quite meaningless, inasmuch
as you
won't have an opportunity to learn anything related to Sun activities at
the meeting;
about 20% of the people try to read to see what's it all about and then
sign; a residual
10% refuse to sign on principle, or because they don't feel they are
authorized by
their companies to sign NDA agreements, or because they feel like giving us
a hard
time ;-)  When that happens, the Sun person who is hosting the meeting
signs for you
and everybody's happy.

Eduardo<

Now I come to remember all this - it DID come up during one of the ebXML
meetings!

And we shook our heads at the nonsense of lawyers Alice Thru the Looking
Glass
world.

Taking a stance for commonsense and reality does not seem too smallminded
here.

Maybe everyone should sign themselves in as the "Queen of Hearts".

DW.