Subject: RE: [regrep] Query Proposal Vote

Message text written by "Smith, Neal L. (NLSM)"

I realize XQuery is still a working draft and we may need to continue
developing QMS for now.  But I would like to clearly establish that there
is
little long-term need for it.
<<<<

Neal,

While I like XQuery - and our company products are supporting it
and we are on the working group there's so caveats.

I think people would want to see the XQuery equivalents at that point
before crossing any bridges.

The value in defining the queries is in providing consistent
behaviours around very commonly used queries.

Having those defined in the way we've been doing is
definately a value-plus exercise.

Thanks, DW.