Subject: Re: [regrep] Result of Query Ballot

Seems it should be claimed "invalid" not "disapproved".......

Scott
______________
Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-415-8490)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

                    Dan Chang
                    <dtchang@us.ib       To:     Lisa Carnahan <lisa.carnahan@nist.gov>
                    m.com>               cc:     regrep@lists.oasis-open.org
                    10/24/2001
                    11:25 AM

Lisa,

I am very puzzled and disturbed by the process. Somehow not voting is being
counted as disapprove. That is, nine people did not vote/care and therefore
they have disapproved the Query proposal?!

It will be totally wrong for V2 to be published with the existing Object
Query Management chapter. The chapter is outdated and, therefore, wrong. If
the Query proposal is not approved, V2 should be published with the chapter
removed.

I am new to the OASIS process, but I am familiar with the OMG process. With
the OMG process, a quorum is established not as half of all voting members,
but as half of all consistently-participating voting members, which
protects active members and the process as a whole.

Regards,  Dan

Metadata Management Technology and Standard
IBM DBTI for e-Business
Notes:     Dan Chang/Santa Teresa/IBM@IBMUS
Internet:  dtchang@us.ibm.com
VM:          IBMUSM50(DTCHANG)
Phone:    (408)-463-2319

                    Lisa Carnahan

                    <lisa.carnahan       To:
regrep@lists.oasis-open.org
                    @nist.gov>           cc:

                                         Subject:     [regrep] Result of
Query Ballot
                    10/24/01 07:49

                    AM

The Query Proposal is not approved because the number of TC members casting

a ballot was not a simple majority of TC voting members.  We agreed as a TC

that a simple majority must cast ballots for the vote to be valid.  We
needed 9 ballots for the vote to be valid.  The results are as follows:

Bruce Bargmeyer  - did not vote
Kathryn Breininger - approve
Dan Chang - approve
Joe Chiusano - abstain
Suresh Damodaran  -did not vote
Anne Fischer - approve
Sally Fuger - did not vote
Len Gallagher - approve
Jong Kim - did not vote
Joel Munter - did not vote
Farrukh Najmi - disapprove
Sanjay Patil - did not vote
Neal Smith -disapprove
Nikola Stojanovic - did not vote
Prasad Yendluri - did not vote
Yutaka Yoshida - did not vote

If I have incorrectly represented your action, please let me know ASAP.

--lisa