Subject: Re: [regrep] Result of Query Ballot

Message text written by Scott Hinkelman

Seems it should be claimed "invalid" not "disapproved".......

Scott<

Scott,

I'm confused here!

The ROWS proposal drew some pretty pointed objections
and several technical issues - but was passed - OK - that
happens - consensus seems to be people can live with
that.

But the Query proposal appeared to not have any issues -
but was not passed!

This is all too Alice in Looking Glass.

Can I just ask - were there specific technical reasons why
Query was not passed?  If so - maybe we could visit on
those - and put forward a revised draft.

If there are no substantial issues - then seems to me
there is a case for Lisa calling for a re-vote - since
clearly people were thinking this was passing by
default - when in fact they needed to move to make
it vote thru!

I can speak with authority here - since my own
diliterary behaviour has lead to me not attending
enough meetings - but I've obviously been focusing
on the CCR work and getting those folks up to speed
on Registry (well I have to have an excuse!).

Hope this helps here.

Thanks, DW.