Subject: Re: [regrep] Result of Query Ballot

I'm not questioning the ROWS vote.

For the query vote, I am distinguishing between approve/disapprove and
validity.
The way I see it, the query vote is invalid (meaning not approved and not
disapproved).

Scott
______________
Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-415-8490)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

                    David RR
                    Webber -             To:     Scott Hinkelman <srh@us.ibm.com>
                    XMLGlobal            cc:     Dan Chang <dtchang@us.ibm.com>, regrep@lists.oasis-open.org,
                    <Gnosis_@compu        Lisa Carnahan <lisa.carnahan@nist.gov>
                    serve.com>           Subject:     Re: [regrep] Result of Query Ballot

                    10/24/2001
                    12:20 PM

Message text written by Scott Hinkelman

Seems it should be claimed "invalid" not "disapproved".......

Scott<

Scott,

I'm confused here!

The ROWS proposal drew some pretty pointed objections
and several technical issues - but was passed - OK - that
happens - consensus seems to be people can live with
that.

But the Query proposal appeared to not have any issues -
but was not passed!

This is all too Alice in Looking Glass.

Can I just ask - were there specific technical reasons why
Query was not passed?  If so - maybe we could visit on
those - and put forward a revised draft.

If there are no substantial issues - then seems to me
there is a case for Lisa calling for a re-vote - since
clearly people were thinking this was passing by
default - when in fact they needed to move to make
it vote thru!

I can speak with authority here - since my own
diliterary behaviour has lead to me not attending
enough meetings - but I've obviously been focusing
on the CCR work and getting those folks up to speed
on Registry (well I have to have an excuse!).

Hope this helps here.

Thanks, DW.