Subject: RE: [regrep] Result of Query Ballot

Dan, Karl, and Others,

There's no reason to let this single vote be the cause of undue friction
among TC members. I'm OK with the vote -- the proposal, as written, did not
pass.

The proposal did have some embedded issues that may have confused the
non-voters. Let's resolve the issues in next week's F2F and then vote on a
revised proposal at the F2F.

-- Len

At 02:39 PM 10/24/01, Dan Chang wrote:

>Karl,
>
>Do you agree that the vote count should be Invalid and not Disapprove and
>therefore there should be a re-vote, as David and Scott have suggested?
>
>The Query team, especially Len, has put in a lot of effort in developing
>the Query Proposal. It is totally inappropriate to be disapproved by
>non-votes. As David has indicated, one of those non-votes actually would
>have been an Approve vote. Also, most seriously, as I have pointed out, the
>existing Object Query Management Service chapter is outdated and incorrect
>and cannot be included as is in V2.
>
>Regards,  Dan
>
>Metadata Management Technology and Standard
>IBM DBTI for e-Business
>Notes:     Dan Chang/Santa Teresa/IBM@IBMUS
>Internet:  dtchang@us.ibm.com
>VM:          IBMUSM50(DTCHANG)
>Phone:    (408)-463-2319
>

>                     "Karl F.
> Best"
>                     <karl.best@oasis       To:     Dan Chang/Santa
> Teresa/IBM@IBMUS
>                     -open.org>             cc:     Lisa Carnahan
> <lisa.carnahan@nist.gov>,
>                                             regrep@lists.oasis-open.org
 >
>                     10/24/01 11:16         Subject:     RE: [regrep]
> Result of Query Ballot
>                     AM

Len Gallagher                             LGallagher@nist.gov
NIST                                      Work: 301-975-3251
Bldg 820  Room 562                        Home: 301-424-1928
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8970 USA           Fax: 301-948-6213