Subject: Re: [regrep] Final Registry schema files

Neal,

Thanks for looking at the schema and finding bugs.

Team please pay special attention to the cardinality specifiers (minOccurs and
maxOccurs). This can be a common cut and paste error.

Please see additional comments inline below:

"Smith, Neal L. (NLSM)" wrote:

> Comments on rim.xsd
>
> *       RegistryPackageType - seems like this should have one or more
> RegistryEntry.  I think was also an error in v1.0.

This is not a bug since Package to RegistryObject is only done via Association.
See example below:

  <rim:RegistryPackage id = "acmePackage2" >
   <Name xmlns = "">
    <LocalizedString value = "RegistryPackage #2"/>
   </Name>
   <Description xmlns = "">
    <LocalizedString value = "ACME's package #2"/>
   </Description>
  </rim:RegistryPackage>

  <rim:ObjectRef id = "urn:uuid:a2345678-1234-1234-123456789012"/>

  <rim:Association id = "acmePackage2-alreadySubmittedCPP-Assoc"
associationType = "Packages" sourceObject = "acmePackage2" targetObject =
"urn:uuid:a2345678-1234-1234-123456789012"/>

However, I can see how it would be desirable for schema to allow containment
based
option as in:

<Package>
    <RegistryObjectList>
    <RegistryObjectList>
</Package>

I would like the team to consider the change you suggest as an enhancement.
Lets hear a few opinions

> *       Classification node can contain 0 or 1 ClasisifcationNode.
> Shouldn't this be "one or many"?

Indeed. Bug has been fixed to have maxOccurs unbounded.

> *       ExtrinsicObjectType extends RegistryEntry.  Shouldn't this be
> "RegistryEntryType"?

Indeed. Bug has been fixed as you suggested.

> Comments on rs.xsd
>
> Please add the updateObjects changes
> *       Define the element UpdateObjectsRequest as containing a

> RegistryObjectList (similar to SubmitObjectsRequest)
> *       Include UpdateObjectsRequest in RootEelement

Excellent catch. We missed that change.

> Neal Smith
> ChevronTexaco

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Dr. MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh Najmi
end:vcard