Subject: RE: [regrep] RE: Latest version of normative specs and files incl uded

This is something that has bugged me for awhile now.  I guess that I just
never asked the questions about this.  Please clarify the following:

RS 1.08 Section 8.3, Lines 3210:3211
Note that the use of a subset of SQL syntax for SQLQuery does not imply a
requirement to use relational databases in a Registry implementation.

and immediately following this in Section 8.3.1 Lines 3213:3215
SQL Queries are defined based upon the query syntax in in Appendix 0 and a
fixed relational schema defined in Appendix 0. The relational schema is an
algorithmic binding to [ebRIM] as described in the following sections.

How can you have a relational schema w/o a relational database?  Maybe I am
just dense after a long vacation and a severe head cold.

Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 6:22 PM
To: Munter, Joel D
Cc: 'Farrukh Najmi'; 'Oasis Registry TC'
Subject: Re: [regrep] RE: Latest version of normative specs and files
included

Joel,

This has been a normative part of the spec since the earliest days. Have you
not
seen it before.
It is required for the SQL query feature which is a normative but optional
part
of the spec.
It does not imply implemntation specificity. It defines the schema for the
queries to operate against.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ebxmlrr/ebxmlrr-spec/misc/sch

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ebxmlrr/ebxmlrr-spec/misc/ser
> vices/Registry.wsdl?rev=1.11&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>
> RegistrySOAPBinding.wsdl version 1.13

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ebxmlrr/ebxmlrr-spec/misc/ser

vices/RegistrySOAPBinding.wsdl?rev=1.13&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ebxmlrr/ebxmlrr-spec/misc/sql