Subject: RE: [regrep] 3 members needed

Yuta asks:

> Could you elaborate 'successfully using the specification' part?
> I read the whole section(2) standards process, but I'm still not
> sure what it means.

and Farrukh asks:

> I am willing to provide the certification based on the Open
> Source OASIS
> ebXMl Regsitry RI project. There are several other team
> members involved
> wih that project. Can the same project be the basis for them
> to certify?

Now really, do you really want it defined any further? That would just
make it harder to comply with, wouldn't it? (half a smilie)

Despite the number of questions I get about this I really think that
it's in our best interests not to define it any further. If I said, for
example, that "successfully using..." meant that it had to be
shrink-wrapped software that would prevent a number of people from
saying that they were using it. And I suppose that if three companies
got together and built one implementation then all three of them would
be successfully using it, wouldn't they?

So let's just leave it as is. We need statements from people
representing three OASIS member organizations that the organization is
successfully using the spec. An email posted to the list saying this is
sufficient: "I certify that the ABC corporation is successfully using
the XYZ specification." If you want to get any more elaborate that's
okay, but I'm not going to require more than that.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
978.667.5115 x206