Subject: [regrep] FW: [chairs] OASIS name space

Here is the email note from Karl about namespaces:
-----Original Message-----
From: Karl F. Best [mailto:karl.best@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 7:01 AM
To: chairs
Cc: Karl
Subject: [chairs] OASIS name space

Chairs:

I think I've notified most of you individually about the OASIS
registered name space, btu I had a couple of qestions about this last
week so I thought I would send out a general announcement.

Through efforts by Norm Walsh, OASIS has a registered name space. You
can read the submitted request at ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3121.txt

Each TC gets a branch of this namespace for their own use. The branch is
identified by the TC name.

    urn:oasis:names:tc:{tc name}:{type}{:subtype}?:{document-id}

So the DSML TC, for example, will use:

    urn:oasis:names:tc:DSML:{type}{:subtype}?:{document-id}

For consistency the TC name in the name space should be the same as the
directory name for your TC web pages. I'm allowing each TC to manage
their own space below that level.

</karl>