Subject: RE: [regrep] Error Handling in RS 2.0

Farruhk

We also have an ebXML registry implementation that we are currently
upgrading to RS 2.0.  I would be very interested in participating in work on
error codes for the RS v3.0.

Jim Kepler
Data Networks Corporation
703 478-2650 x102

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 8:23 AM
To: Chaemee Kim
Cc: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org

Dear Chaemee,

Would you like to make a proposal for adding error codes as a work item for
V3?  If the TC accepts the work item proposal
then you could use your own implementation experience to formulate a
proposal in this area. We could then form a sub-team
and work this proposal to conclusion for V3.

All the best for the new year.

Chaemee Kim wrote:

> Dear members,
>
> I'd like to suggest "Error Code" in Error Handling for each registry
service.
> In RS 1.0, we don;t have error list guideline, so KTNET made our own error
list to notify it to registry client program.
> In RS 2.0 draft, I'm so happy that we add error handling.
> However, there is not error code.
>
> I think some error code system is very useful to detect error and take
some action in registry client program.