Subject: Re: [regrep] Backward Compatibility of OASIS ebXML Registry V2.0

Dear K.C,

During the discussions on RIM 1.1 changes I had voiced a the same concern viciforously, that we must
have backward compatibility. The team decided to make changes in RIM 1.1 that were not backward
compatible. I was later convinced that this was a good decision and that we needed some non-backward
compatible changes.

Please note that I am also one of the people whose implementation was effected. However, by
sacrificing backward compatibility for V2.0 we were able to do the right things unfettered.

As a small consolation, I propose that we as a team set a goal for V3.0 to require backward
compatibility with V2.0. Also I am willing to share implementation and migration experience and code
with anyone who wishes to migrate from V1 to a V2 registry. Please contact me privately if you would
like to collaborate on the migration issues.