Subject: [regrep] Proposed Abstract: XML Europe 2002

Team,

Attached is the proposed abstract for the paper. It is almost identical
to the paper I submitted for V2 last year. The main difference is that
V2 is replaced by V3. Note that covering V3 will implicitly cover V2
features as well. Please share your thoughts soon as we are already past
the deadline. Please note that I have sent this version in already given
the lateness of the submission. However, I suspect that we will be able
to amend it based on team feedback at least once.

Paper Title
-----------
OASIS ebXML Registry V3.0: An In-depth Introduction

Paper Abstract
---------------

This talk will begin with a brief overview of XML Registries and their
role in enabling web services. This will be followed by an in-depth
review of the ebXML Registry V3.0 specifications and architecture.
Although V2.0 functionality will be covered, emphasis will be placed on
new functionality in V3.0. A concrete open-source implementation of the
ebXML Registry will be used as an example throughout the session to
highlight enabling XML technologies such as XML Data binding, XML based
RPC, and XML based Messaging. The implementation will be described in
conjunction with a demonstration of the ebXML registry implementation.
The talk will conclude will a reminder of the key features of the ebXML
registry and the role played by XML in the specification and
implementations.