Subject: [regrep] XQuery Support

Title: XQuery Support

Registry TC,

During our round of V3 brainstorming, I suggested XQuery support as a V3 item.  I cannot take credit for this as my idea, as there had been much discussion about it in the Query subteam during V2 efforts.  However, I'd like to provide some information on XQuery for those who may not be familiar with it.

I'm hoping that we can start debating on the advantages/disadvantages of introducing XQuery support into our architecture for V3.

Respectfully Yours,
Joe

What is XQuery?

How about an example?

What recommendation stage is XQuery currently at?

What is the realationship between XQuery and the new XPath 2.0 Working Draft?

The XPath 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Working Drafts are generated from a common source. These languages are closely related, sharing much of the same expression syntax and semantics, and much of the text found in the two Working Drafts is identical.

Things for us to consider:

Pertinent Web sites:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery/
http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20/