Subject: [regrep] RE: [ebxml-cppa] CPP identification revisited

<Chris>
The problem with a UUID is that it gives no clue as to what authority
created it!
</Chris>

I am not sure why you've introduced "authority" here. Let's say you know who
I am (even know how "to reach me"). Do you need to know who the "authority"
that created me was? If yes, why?

BTW, resolvability of UUID in "an" ebXML registry is not (I hope we agree) a
problem. I would also like to emphasize that "Federated Registries" is (and
was) one of the candidate working items for ebXML Registry TC so it might be
useful not to try to map relevant use cases to the current specs. Of course,
whoever can provide some of those (use cases) would help the team in
addressing this important functionality.

Nikola Stojanovic
Lead Technologist, Research and Development
Encoda Systems, Inc.
101 Pineview Terrace
Ithaca, NY 14850 USA
nikola.stojanovic@encodasystems.com