Subject: Re: [regrep] Re: [ebxml-cppa] CPP identification revisited

Message text written by Duane Nickull
>David:

Your comments are specific to implementation.  I was trying to avoid
pinning it down to any one item.  Since I was one of those who was
involved with the original discussion in Japan about use of DCE 128 bit
algorythmic based UID's, I am aware of the usefulness (and shortcomings)
of using them.

BTW - still using the WERTRET-4523-RYJYJRYK-32436-GJDJFJDFJDFHDF are
you?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Duane,

Not sure you got the critical point.  UUID is part of the Registry RIM and
RegistryObject, while External ID is also part of the RIM, but separate
and not the same animal.   UUID is automatically assigned by the
registry server.  External ID value is passed into the server with the
content and set by the external application.

Basically the filteredquery in 1.0 allowed you to get at the External ID
piece.

Two pieces of data in two separate places but related.

DW.