Subject: Re: [regrep] Re: [ebxml-cppa] CPP identification revisited

Message text written by Christopher Ferris
> but a human understandable
description. Note that from where I sit, "OAG090200" means as little
to me as "WERTRET-4523-RYJYJRYK-32436-GJDJFJDFJDFHDF"! They are merely
a collection of ascii characters.
<<<<

Chris - this misses the WHOLE POINT.  eBusiness is about verification that
the
right item is referenced.  Pick up the phone right now - call someone and
tell them they have to use "OAG090200" as the data point in their
transaction.

Now try this with "WERTRET-4523-RYJYJRYK-32436-GJDJFJDFJDFHDF".

Also call the warehouse stock manager at Home Depot and ask him if
he has some "10-90-B-7"s in stock.  Humans are darn good at remembering
these 7 digit or less combos within their own little domain.

People can assimulate the unfamiliar thru using the familiar.

To a mathematician or PhD markup theory buff - they are just collections
of chars - and we need semantic web / RDF / WSDL/ B2B / A2A / Z2Z / F2F
to fix all that.

Guess what - the world wants simple stupid that is obvious and works.

DW.