Subject: Re: [regrep] Re: [ebxml-cppa] CPP identification revisited

ExternalId support has been in the Registry specs since very early version.
They provide a meaningful identifier to be associated with an Object (e.g. DUNS
number). External Ids must be assigned by the submitter as David pointed out.
UUIDs on teh other hand are automatically assigned and are not intended to be
meaingful in any manner to humans.