Subject: RE: [regrep] XQuery Support

Message text written by "Joel"

Another thing to consider is the lack of UPDATE capabilities in XQuery 1.0
(Unless something has changed since the last time I looked at it).

-joel
 <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Joel,

This is actually a good thing!    Notice we really want all updates to come
thru the Registry API - not the Query mechanism!

In fact the UPDATE keyword could easily be restricted and be
rejected as an error.

The only case for update would be some kind of internal backdoor
maintenance requirement - your company got sold so now you want to
change all occurences of 'oldcompany/ebxml' to 'newcompany/ebxml' -
everywhere in the your own registry.  But that backdoor stuff is
really out of scope anyway.

DW.

p.s. BTW - our XQuery engine is supporting update / delete / insert so
        the specification is already solid on this.